Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Daisypath Friendship tickers Jaxson Due November 21st  BabyFruit Ticker

July 8, 2011

What did I just agree to??

Mike and I got licensed for foster care the 24th of June. We first off got a call a few days after asking us to take a teenager for just a few days. We agreed to it and boy was that an experience. The first night we had her she climbed out our 2nd story window onto the porch covering and jumped down. Her boyfriend had come to pick her up and she ran away with him. The neighbor saw it all and so he called the cops and it was a whole production with three cop cars, spot lights and drug dogs.

It may seem like way more drama than any normal person would want but we didnt mind it at all. I think it actually prepared me for what we have going on now. It made the thought of taking on twin two year olds seem pretty plain and boring compared to runaway teenagers :)

Yesterday we got twin two year olds; a boy and a girl. With Maeli, that makes 3- two year olds in my house!!! Its like having triplets!!! Let me just say that it is pure madness here at my house!! lol. there is running and screaming and climbing and hitting and giggles and smiles and lots and lots of love. It is gonna be super hard here for a while because the twins will take a little time to get adjusted to our home. And they also have never had any rules to follow so that is hard to teach them the boundaries here at our home. But Maeli loves having two friends here all the time and they are just cute as can be.

Mike is in love with them. He thinks they are the cutest thing ever. I would have to agree that they are cute... but Maeli is the cutest thing ever so they take a close second. We feel so blessed to have their sweet spirits in our home and they truly are a blessing. I may have asked myself what I agreed to... but i know i will grow from having them here with us.

1 comment:

riosfamilyinc said...

Good luck, you guys will do great. What an experience with the teenager...I'm hoping that our kids aren't anything like I was!