Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Daisypath Friendship tickers Jaxson Due November 21st  BabyFruit Ticker

May 8, 2009

She is here!!!

I have been enduring labor for the last 35 hours here at good ol Portneuf Hospital! On Wed they found that i have Preclampsia and so they had to get little Maeli out of there asap! So that night they started me with some pills that were supposed to soften my cervix. At about 7 the next morning i had dialated some and was 75% effaced so they started me on Potocin. as soon as that started, all my contractions stopped and i had made no progress for 4 1/2 hours. They took me off all drugs and let my body rest for most of the day and wanted to start me again on thurs night. So i suffered all day with steady contractions till they gave me more of those pills at 7 Thurs night. My contractions started right up again super hard and i got some IV pain killer about 1. They told me that this would wear off in an hour so i got some sleep. I woke up 3 hours later with no contractions and no pain. I totally freaked out and was so scared that they would send me home or put me up for a c section. Well about an hour later my doc checked me and i had dialated to a 4 and so he broke my water. Two seconds later i wated an epidural, so they got me that, and an hour later he checked me again. i was dialated to a 9 and i delivered about 30 min later. i pushed for maybe 15 mins. it was so great! she is having problems breathing though so she is in the NICU for today. We will have more pics up later i promise! thanks all for your prayers

2 comments:

riosfamilyinc said...

Elai and I just watched the video. I can tell he is really excited to meet Maelie. He was smiling and cooing the entire video. It is so scary seeing her hooked up to all those machines. I'm glad you are doing okay. We can't wait to meet her!

Nancy said...

Congratulation on new little Maeli! She looks precious! I am now Great Aunt Nancy!